Maple syrup is simply the concentrated sap of the maple tree. This sap is only 2-3% sugar. The sap is primarily made up of water. ( almost 98%). The sap is collected and concentrated through boiling. The percentage of sugar is critical because if the sugar in the syrup is too high, the syrup will crystallize in the bottle. If it is too low, the syrup will spoil. It is against federal regulations to add anything to maple syrup at any point in its collection, making is truly 100% all natural.
- Maple syrup is a 100% organic product
- Maple syrup has the same calcium content as whole milk
- Maple syrup has only 40 calories per tablespoon, unlike corn syrup which has 60 calories per tablespoon
- Maple syrup is rich in minerals such as calcium, potassium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus and iron.
- Maple syrup is rich in Vitamins B2, B5, B6, niacin, biotin, and folic acid. Maple syrup contains amino acids – the building blocks of protein.
USDA Grade A Maple Syrup
It is the most popular grade for everyday use as a topping for pancakes, etc. It is usually made throughout most of the short syrup production season.
Grade B Maple Syrup
It is made towards the end of the season, as the weather warms towards spring and the trees end their winter dormancy. USDA Grade B syrup is much darker and has a stronger flavor. This late season syrup contains more minerals. Grade B maple syrup is one of the most balanced of all sugars, containing a balance of positive and negative ions. Grade B does not enter the bloodstream nearly as fast as honey or other types of sugar. Maple syrup should always be used as a sweetener for those who react adversely to sugars ( Border line or pre-diabetic, hypoglycemic, those who become restless, sleepless or over energetic (ADD/ADHD)
Grade C Maple Syrup
It is no longer an official USDA syrup grade. Grade C maple syrup is now classified as Grade B. In other words, Grades B and C are the same.
Why not honey?
Honey is manufactured from the nectar picked up from the flowers by the bees, then predigested, vomited and stored for their own future use with a preservative added. Just as with alcohol, honey, being predigested , enters the bloodstream directly, raising the sugar content very rapidly above ;normal. To correct this, the pancreas must produce insulin immediately. More insulin than necessary is likely to be produced, and the blood sugar level then drops below normal. This creates constant imbalances which in turn adversely affects the normal function of the liver, pancreas and spleen. The balanced sugar in maple syrup causes no dangerous blood sugar fluctuation or side effects.
For best results, we suggest the 3-Day Detox Kit with Free Maple Syrup. This kit consists of the following products that will help you achieve those results for a healthier body:
- Expressions Formula D (90 capsules) - A combination of eleven (11) herbs that works together to help rid the liver, kidney and bowels of toxins and body wastes.
- Expressions Formula C (90 capsules) - A supplement made from 10 herbs that contains a bowel tonic and rebuilding formula that helps to improve intestinal absorption of vital nutrients while decreasing the absorption of toxins.
- Expressions Wheat Bran & Psyllium (90 capsules) - A superior fibre that speeds up the body’s absorption capacity of important vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. It curbs hunger pangs and prevents constipation. It also helps lower cholesterol level and cleanses the intestinal tract.
*Disclaimer: Results vary based on the individual.