- Ensures fast absorption of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients in the body.
- Increase the body’s metabolic rate.
- Reduce hunger pangs.
- Promotes good bowel movement.
- Lowers cholesterol level.
- Cleanse the intestinal tract from toxins.
On the flip side, wheat bran also promotes good health but in different ways. Constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, and digestive problems. Researchers recommend about 25-35 grams of dietary fiber per day for adults yet most people consume only about 12 grams, less than half of what is needed to promote regularity. The answer may be a healthy one half cup serving of wheat bran, which has only about 60 calories yet 12 grams of fiber and a good dose of niacin and vitamin B6.
Good bowel health is essential for many things. The bowel or colon removes toxins from the body, and if you are not eliminating regularly, toxins can build up in the system. Bacteria in the gut also produce vitamin K and help synthesize many vitamins. New evidence also shows that serotonin, the brain chemical responsible for moods, is produced mostly in the colon rather than in the brain as once thought. A healthy colon usually means the entire body is healthy, so eating foods rich in fiber and taking good care of your colon can boost your overall health.
It is very difficult to get enough fibre in a diet when you eliminate the carbohydrates in cereals, whole grains and fruits. Psyllium capsules are an easy way to take care of this problem. It fills you with fibre, reducing appetite without overstimulating the nervous system; a much healthier approach.
Psyllium is the husk of the seed of the Plantago and is a top herb used in weight control and for general intestinal health. It contains a spongy fiber that reduces appetite, improves digestion and cleanses the system, making it an excellent choice for healthy dieting. Psyllium can provide the fiber that is missing on low carbohydrate diets. Every 100 grams of psyllium provides 71 grams of soluble fiber; a similar amount of oat bran would contain only 5 grams of soluble fiber. Only recently have scientists learned that soluble fiber has unique effects on metabolism. Just take one or two capsules with a glass of water or Yerba Mate diet tea, half hour before meals. The herb also provides a feeling of fullness that is helpful before meals. Psyllium is one of the simplest, healthiest and most effective herbs for weight control.
Psyllium has also been used for irritable bowel syndrome (a stress-related disorder with alternating bouts of diarrhea and constipation). Because it will produce easy bowel movements with a loose stool, Psyllium is used by patients with anal fissures (cracks in the skin near the anus) and haemorrhoids and is often recommended following anal or rectal surgery, during pregnancy and as a secondary treatment in certain types of diarrhoea.
Psyllium soaks up a significant amount of water in the digestive tract, thereby making stool firmer and, under these circumstances, slower to pass. Psyllium also has the additional advantages over other sources of fiber of reducing flatulence and bloating. It may be recommended by a physician to help soften stool and reduce the pain associated with haemorrhoids.
Studies and clinical reports suggest that psyllium may enhance the sensation of fullness and reduce hunger cravings. For these reasons, incorporating psyllium and other sources of fiber into the diet may aid weight loss.
- Wheat Bran
- Rice Flour
- Magnesium Stearate
Caution: If pregnant, nursing or taking a prescription drug, consult healthcare practitioner prior to use. Store in a cool dry place. Keep out of reach of children.
For best results, we suggest the 3-Day Detox Kit with Free Maple Syrup. This kit consists of the following products that will help you achieve those results for a healthier body:
- Expressions Formula D (90 capsules) – A combination of eleven (11) herbs that works together to help rid the liver, kidney and bowels of toxins and body wastes.
- Expressions Formula C (90 capsules) – A supplement made from 10 herbs that contains a bowel tonic and rebuilding formula that helps to improve intestinal absorption of vital nutrients while decreasing the absorption of toxins.
- Expressions Maple Syrup (370ml) – It is a great way to mix a healthy fat-free drink that’s sweet but low in sugar. Maple syrup contains vitamins, minerals, amino acids and balanced sugars that make for an ideal cleansing drink when mixed with water and lemon juice. This mixture of maple syrup, water and lemon juice cleanses the digestive tract and improves the elimination of impurities from the body.
- Can Expressions Wheat Bran and Psyllium be taken together with other health/ diet products?
Yes, you can consume the other health or diet products from Expressions while consuming our Wheat Bran & Psyllium.